Knowing what to do after someone hit your parked vehicle in Detroit is crucial to protecting your legal rights to getting your vehicle damage repair costs paid for by the at-fault driver or covered by your insurance.
Topping your list of what to do is calling the police and getting as much information as possible from or about the driver who damaged your parked vehicle. Most importantly, you will want to know his or her name, phone, e-mail address, insurance company and policy number.
In order to make sure you are doing everything you should to ensure that your vehicle damage repair costs will be paid, you need to know about the following if someone hit your parked vehicle in Detroit:
- Why is it important to file a police report – even if the police do not come out?
- Why is it important to get as much information from the other driver and witnesses?
- What should you take pictures of?
- What happens if the driver who hit your parked vehicle drove off?
- What happens if you were inside your parked vehicle when it was hit?
To learn more about what to do after someone hit your parked car in Detroit, please check out my page “someone hit my parked car.”
Named a “Leader in the Law” and “Lawyer of the Year” by Michigan’s largest legal newspaper for his record-breaking auto accident verdicts, settlements and advocacy work in preventing wrecks, Steven Gursten heads Michigan Auto Law—a firm dedicated to serious motor vehicle accident injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits.