The best way to choose the right wrongful death lawyer after a Detroit automobile crash is to find an attorney who has extensive experience helping families who have lost a loved one, who has a track record of obtaining significant trial verdicts and settlements, and who has a reputation for putting clients first.
The right wrongful death lawyer can help you and your family recover the wrongful death damages and No-Fault survivor’s loss benefits that you are legally entitled to after losing a family member or a loved one in a crash.
Having the right wrongful death lawyer on your side after a Detroit automobile crash as soon as you can will provide you and your family with much-needed protection against overreaching insurance adjusters. Michigan courts have sadly proved to be very lenient on claims adjusters’ use of hardball, aggressive tactics in trying to get families who have lost ones in fatal crashes to both agree to low-ball settlements on their cases and sign away their rights to future compensation and benefits.
If you were in a Detroit automobile crash, then you need to know the following about how to choose the right wrongful death lawyer:
- How much experience does the lawyer have with wrongful death cases?
- What settlements has the lawyer recovered for other clients?
- What do past clients say about the lawyer in reviews and testimonials?
- What wrongful death damages can the lawyer help my family get?
- What No-Fault survivor’s loss benefits can the lawyer help my family get?
- How much will it cost me to hire the right wrongful death lawyer?
To learn more about what a wrongful death attorney is and does please check out my article “what is a wrongful death attorney” .
Named a “Leader in the Law” and “Lawyer of the Year” by Michigan’s largest legal newspaper for his record-breaking auto accident verdicts, settlements and advocacy work in preventing wrecks, Steven Gursten heads Michigan Auto Law—a firm dedicated to serious motor vehicle accident injury cases and wrongful death lawsuits.